Participants in a CARE Chemistry Class will be able to:
1. Recognize and appreciate the intelligent design of the universe at a molecular level.
2. Explain why the same essential oil evokes different responses from different people.
3. Discuss how both chemistry and quantum physics are necessary to explain oil behavior.
4. List four ways that essential oil molecules can enter our bodies.
5. Describe the three basic schools of aromatherapy.
6. Recognize the fallacies of the British school of aromatherapy.
7. Articulate reasons why trace compounds are important to an oil’s therapeutic value.
8. Explain how molecular weight relates to viscosity, volatility, and biological half-life.
9. Answer why the Periodic Table is periodic.
10. Discuss the structure of atoms and molecules as elements and compounds.
11. Identify the five principal elements that comprise essential oils.
12. Explain chiral molecules and give examples.
13. Talk about the history of benzene, the benzene ring, and its existence as an energy form.
14. Define what a chemotype is and why they exist.
15. Explain what an isomer is and give examples.
16. Draw a picture of an isoprene unit and discuss it as a building block of organic compounds.
17. Illustrate how a PMS anointment with oils can sometimes result in an instantaneous healing.
18. Show how hydrocarbons, oxygenated hydrocarbons, and isomers are the building units of oils.
19. Point out how essential oils are God’s love manifest in molecules.